[Wolves] FTP Upload

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 10:35:17 GMT 2004

Hi folk

In one of my previous posts I said that I will be
looking at setting up my website so that I don't jam
the lug list!!. I am with BTyahoo and Linux is not
supported though they refer to tools such as Gimp to
design the website. To publish my website I need to
upload to BT's server. They give an address When I put
the server address(ftp.btinternet.com) in Konqueror I
get the following files:

bin  dev  etc private pub usr welcome.msg

access is denied for bin,dev, and etc, also other sub
directories under private and pub and usr. Is that
because I am not  in root mode? I am not keen on going
on the net under root.

Am I looking at the server files or are these on my
pc?? Which directory do I use to upload my website??

The welcome message just says that all trensfers are
logged and if I don't like that then I need to log
off!

Any help would be appreciated

Mo