[Wolves] [Fwd: [SB] April Meeting - Eric Raymond at SB-LUG]

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 00:20:50 GMT 2004

 --- sparkes <sparkes at phreaker.net> wrote:

> I think it was when a police dog

Going massively off topic here, but police dogs...
They often bring them out at football matches and
protests and things of that nature.  Now what is the
point of them there?

If trouble kicks off a dog is pretty much pointless,
it could savage a couple of people perhaps but they
aren't going to stop a riot.  Is it perhaps just to
scare people? "oh, I was gonna lob a brick through a
window but that dog looked a bit scary".  I don't
understand.  Sure, sniffer dogs and so forth seem very
much useful but why have a police dog to control a
crowd?

> sparkes
fizz