[Wolves] Nice Guy of the week award

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 14:24:52 GMT 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi Ad (hope it's ok to shorten your name)
>
> You get the nice guy of the week award.
>
> Good to see someone else being mystified by a problem, understanding
> that that person cannot see it even when it is staring them in the face,
> and taking the time to reassure them they are not thick, going mental
> and are just a pain in the arse.

Sounds rather like me when I was at Compaq once.... I'd written a perl
script which dumped some stuff in a file called "ouput.txt". It took me
hours (and a call for help to the unix support people) before I realised
I'd forgotten the t...

I just couldn't see why it would show up on a "ls -l ou*" but not an "ls
-l output.txt".

David.