[Wolves] mozilla annoyances ?

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Feb 25 13:52:57 GMT 2004

sparkes spoo'd forth:
> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:45, Aquarius wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Alt tags shouldn't be blank.  There should be either an attrbute for no
> alt required or an excepted standard for alt contents.

I can't say it better than Ian Hickson did at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2002Nov/0115.html:

> I can understand how alt tags help, but for some images that are used
> as part of the sites navigation, for example, a small 10x10 square
> that is used to draw a curve and placed on the corner of your tables
> for decoration, why does the validator want alt tags on those?

alt="" is perfectly valid (and correct) for those images. In fact any
other alt text would be wrong. :-)

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything!
I'll ask about Exchange Server next.