[Wolves] WebDAV

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Fri Feb 27 16:03:06 GMT 2004

I've got a mixed Windows/Linux network at Castle Aq. Now, sharing files
between the machines is a neat thing, I think. Since NFS bites the fat
one, I thought that the best way to do this was with Samba. But I
am rapidly concluding that this is Not The Case, because I cannot
get Samba to work properly. So, I got to thinking. Would it be easier
to do this with WebDAV? MS Explorer does the "web folders" thing, and
there are a fair few Linux apps that will read and write WebDAV folders.
Has anyone tried this? Is it any good? Please don't suggest that I
just get Samba working, because I just don't *get* it for some reason.

Aq.

--
"Last week, I arrived in Sunnydale. Or perhaps it was the week before,
I don't know."