Peter is now offical timekeeper was Re: [Wolves] my five mins of fame

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Jan 7 23:16:10 GMT 2004

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
>> Peter is now offical timekeeper of the LUG ;-)
>
> Oh, in that case, Aq's clock is wrong too.

Not now it isn't. When my machine is encoding video it loses time, so I
have to poke ntpdate to go and update itself. I suppose I ought to cron
that, but if it's lost more than about five minutes when the cron job
kicks in, the resulting timejump starts the screensaver and locks the
screen, and that's an interruption if I'm working on the machine at the
time, and there's no given point in the day when I can guarantee I
won't be on the machine...

Aq.

--
"We saved the world, and now there's no place in it for us."