Peter is now offical timekeeper was Re: [Wolves] my five mins of fame

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Thu Jan 8 08:21:11 GMT 2004

Peter Oliver spoo'd forth:
>> Not now it isn't. When my machine is encoding video it loses time,
>
> Huh?

Yep. The clock ends up wrong. Don't know why this is, and it isn't
important enough to investigate :)

>> so I have to poke ntpdate to go and update itself. I suppose I ought to
>> cron that,
>
> Gah, no!  Like I said, ntpd.

Last time I set it up I couldn't get it to work. Moreover, ntpd seemed
to be designed for you serving time to other people; ntpdate was
designed for you to keep the clock right on one machine, no?

Aq.

--
Writing software is, in fact, like dancing to frozen music.
	   -- mewse