[Wolves] Tutorial

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Thu Jan 8 12:10:55 GMT 2004

kat at codepoets.co.uk spoo'd forth:
> Its for a python based development environment - it needs to cover
> developing a simple database and a gui to go with it.
>
> Its aimed at people like you (sort of) so I could really do with some
> suggestions about what would be a good example to work through.  It needs
> to be more interesting/original than the standard contacts book type
> example, but also simple.
>
> Any suggestions?

Do a mail indexer -- you'd want a bit for copying your existing
mailboxes into it, and something else for searching through the indexed
mail (with neat SQL, perhaps). You can use Python's mailbox module and
similar to actually parse the mailboxes, so it's doing a real life task
without actually having to know about mailbox parsing -- a useful use
of the Python standard library, perhaps.

Aq.

--
UTF-8 has a certain purity in that it equally annoys every nation, and
is nobody's default encoding.