[Wolves] Off topic - travelwm

gary at walsall.uk.com gary at walsall.uk.com
Tue Jan 13 18:29:37 GMT 2004

I have only posted a few times here, but hope that someone may be able to help.

This may be a little different to what's normally talked about, but did anyone see the front page of the express and star yesterday, regarding travelwm not owning the .com domain and the owner of the domain redirecting it to a dating/adult site ??

This news was also on heartfm. To update you, I own the domain in question and travelwm say they are going to be seeking legal advice regarding this.

I have done a little research and believe that they have no right to the domain or the use of the domain unless I am infringing a registered trademark, which travel west midlands don't own. Looking at companies house, 'travelwm ltd' is a non-trading company, as they are trading as 'travel west midlands ltd'.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether their is any loophole in the system where they might be able to take the domain from me ??

Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated. Appologies, for the off topic subject :S

thanks
Gary