[Wolves] Off topic - travelwm

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 13:06:04 GMT 2004

Hmm

Hi Matthew

As I said, I haven't read all the mails. However my two points still
stand, if he bought it and is registered under nominet as the owner then
he is entitled to sell it to Travelwm.

why he bought it is irrelevant, unless he somehow managed to purchase it
within the last couple of years for malicious purposes.

>From your mail I take it that is what he was doing. I thought it was a
case of bully boy tactics and Travelwm were trying to get the name from
him by foul or fair means.

If it was for malicious reasons then "sorry Gary but you may end up in a
cell with big bubber and have call him daddy"

Regards
Pete

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:23, Matthew Revell wrote:

> Peter Cannon said:
>
> > We have a similar situation with the company I work for, our company is
> > Centro Systems Ltd our domain is centro.co.uk Centro travel ring us once
> > or twice a year and we always offer them the name for around two hundred
> > grand they cough and splutter and go away.
>
> The crucial difference with your company is that the most important part
> of its name actually is "Centro". Your company's domain just happens, by
> coincidence, to be very similar to that of the local passenger transport
> executive. You're not purposefully trying to make out that you are Centro,
> nor did you register the domain for the sole purpose of extortion.
>
> > Point being if they want it they can have (at a price) if they choose
> > not to buy they don't have a case (we registered it 9 years ago).
>
> With the travelwm.com domain, Gary has given us absolutely no legitimate
> reason why he has a claim to the domain.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk