[Wolves] Archive via Google

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Mon Jan 19 09:56:05 GMT 2004

Matthew Revell spoo'd forth:
> I was just wondering, is it a good thing to have the archives of this list
> available to anyone (including Google's bots)?
>
> I don't really have an opinion on the matter, so I would be interested to
> see what other people think! :)

I think it's good. We have discussions here about technical issues, and
then those discussions are archived so that someone else with a similar
problem will find those discussions on a search. When I search for any
kind of technical help on Google I normally end up reading archives of
mailing lists where someone else had the same problem as me.

Those people who don't want their thoughts to be archived (there are at
least a couple of posters to this list in this position) can add an
archived.

That's why I like the idea :)

Aq.

--
Designing pages in HTML is like having sex in a bathtub. If you don't know
anything about sex, it won't do you any good to know a lot about bathtubs.