[Wolves] Archive via Google

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 10:08:01 GMT 2004

Aquarius said:

> I think it's good. We have discussions here about technical issues, and
> then those discussions are archived so that someone else with a similar
> problem will find those discussions on a search. When I search for any
> kind of technical help on Google I normally end up reading archives of
> mailing lists where someone else had the same problem as me.

Cool. I suppose you can guess what set me thinking about it. I'd say
roughly 45% of what goes on in here is non-technical, so I was starting to
think about the implications of it being a community, where every
contribution is on record for everyone in the world to see. The group can
feel like a pub but it's a bit more like speaking in court or Parliament
:)

> Those people who don't want their thoughts to be archived (there are at
> least a couple of posters to this list in this position) can add an
> archived.

Aha! Perhaps we need to inform new members that their words will be
available for the world to see and if they don't like the idea of that,
they can change their headers.