[Wolves] *nix packaging; was RPM

Simon Burke its_simon_burke at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 02:18:16 GMT 2004

>only one answer to this APT ;-)
>
>It rarely fails to install, upgrade or remove anything you throw at it.
> >From a sinlge passage to the whole system it just works ;-)
>
>you might be trying to convert everyone to BSD but the debian machine
>seems to be rolling through the lugs at the moment
>
>sparkes

debian is good i admit it, once its up and running, apt is good too, i just
like to know what its upto. A while ago when i first started using linux i
had an experience with rpms that put me off binarys for life. I tried a rpm
kernel, and  it erm just didnt work to put it nicely. Things have prolly
moved on from those days but i just dont trust them i like to control what
its doing and stuff, but theres still a slight case of dependancy hell.  oh
and with source u can simply 'make uninstall' on a fair few things to
unistall which is good.