[Wolves] Can you believe it??!!

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 12:20:59 GMT 2004

Helen Randle wrote:
> Ok. So you probably can!
>
> I sent an email to Wolves uni IT asking how I could access their online
> learning thingy, as I kept getting this message -
>
> "The WOLF Learning Environment cannot be used with your current computer set
> up because:
>     Netscape does not work with WOLF. Please use Internet Explorer 5.0 or
> higher."
>
> I explained that my web browser *was* higher than IE 5.0! So why wasn't it
> working?
>
> And they said I should *phone* the support desk!!!! (I'm quite tempted, just
> for a laugh!)
>
> Anyway, I haven't got time to hang on the end of a phone all day, so has
> anyone got any ideas how I get round this?
>
> Helen

What are you using? Mozilla?

There is a add on to it which can be used to set what the browser
appears as (see http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info.php/uabar) or
search for User Agent

Unfortunately if they require IE, then they may require VBScript.... in
which case somethings just won't work for you.

David.