[Wolves] ADSL or cable broadband?

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 13:15:25 GMT 2004

Right, I should  have moved into my new house by the end of next month, so
it's time I chose: ADSL or Blueyonder.

I've used both in the past and had a much happier experience with
Blueyonder, which I found to be near faultless. Also, Blueyonder didn't
require any faffing to get it to work with Linux. ADSL I found to be
patchy and I hate the fact that you have to log on, primarily because I
couldn't get my ADSL modem to work with Linux.

So, sounds like a done deal. Well, no. Telewest's phone service is pretty
naff and quite expensive. But I don't wanna get a BT line if I'm already
paying for a Telewest line.

Does anyone have any experience of running ADSL from Linux, or are you
guys all Blueyonder? There's some really good ADSL deals out there, at the
mo, and I'd much prefer a BT line ... but Blueyonder seems so much easier
to run from Linux. Any thoughts?

--

Matthew Revell
www.understated.co.uk