[Wolves] Crash Help Please.

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 22:58:10 BST 2004

--- Gary <gary at leamore.net> wrote: > Hmm, well It is
only happening on SuSE 9.1
> it happens on 3 servers.

I'm sorry, I don't have the skills or the knowledge of
SuSE to help you diagnose this, but the pragmatic
approach would suggest that you just use something
other than SuSE.

Now maybe thats not very helpful, but the only other
things I can suggest are that you check your logs to
see what was happening just before the hangs for signs
of things going wrong or at least common patterns of
behaviour prior to the crash.

What version of SuSE is this?  A desktop version or a
server version (forgive my not knowing the names of
the product lines). Maybe it's a bug that only occurs
under extremely high loads in a system not designed
for it. Clutching at straws with that one I think...

Have you contacted SuSE to see if they know of any
such problems?

This kind of hang suggests a hardware fault to me, as
Mo says. But if you have had something other than SuSE
running for a significant amount of time, then maybe
it's SuSE problem, in which case can't you use the
other distro?

Sorry if thats not too helpful to you.

Ad

=====