[Wolves] SME's and linux avocacy

SimonB simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 12:00:59 BST 2004

Ok,
So most people know that i work at the science park, and have 24/7
access and to building and conference facilities.

So i was thinking if many people are up for it we could provide a small
seminar kind of thing to science park tenants demonstrating the
advantages of Linux over the evil M$ demon who often trys to engulf us
all in its eternal pit of darkness and system errors. As both a server
(and maybe desktop?) platform.

Catering can be made available but it will be for a fee, i dont know how
much. I need to talk to the directors of the science park about some of
the details if enougth people are intersted.

I was thinking along the lines of a practical display of say a mail/ldap
server with a single client demonstrating the power and versatility etc,
and a general presentation on the advantages of *nix etc.

Im approaching openadvantage about this later today too, to see if i can
get some sponsorship or commercial help with this but i thought i'd ask
you guys what you though of the idea and if anyone wanted to lend a hand.

I'm still in the mid planning part of this so it is open to scrutiny.

Thanks,
SimonB