[Wolves] SME's and linux avocacy

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Jul 6 12:08:15 BST 2004

SimonB wrote:

> Ok,
> So most people know that i work at the science park, and have 24/7
> access and to building and conference facilities.
>
> So i was thinking if many people are up for it we could provide a
> small seminar kind of thing to science park tenants demonstrating the
> advantages of Linux over the evil M$ demon who often trys to engulf us
> all in its eternal pit of darkness and system errors. As both a server
> (and maybe desktop?) platform.

myself and jono gave a talk like this at the science park about 5 years
ago to about 12 people (although this was aimed at students from the
uni) in one of the little rooms off the canteen let's hope this one will
be a little better attended.

> Im approaching openadvantage about this later today too, to see if i
> can get some sponsorship or commercial help with this but i thought
> i'd ask you guys what you though of the idea and if anyone wanted to
> lend a hand.

talk to jono first he is already talking to oa about a similar sort of
thing you might bugger each other up if you don't chat beforehand.

> SimonB

sparkes