[Wolves] Panel Clock running slow

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Jul 8 13:32:40 BST 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:

>On Thursday 08 Jul 2004 12:46, The wise and knowledgeable SimonB proclaimed:
>

>>mine was a slackware inst that i got bored with to be honest and net
>>installed suse 9.0 and then wiped /, /usr, etc... and installed 9.1.
>>

>Ah I'm considering a net/network install on a (Everyone yawn coz its back!)
>Digital HiNote Ultra II on Friday I will be getting some replacement memory
>for it, it'll have its maximum capacity, hold the arms of your chair, here it
>comes, 40 MEGABYTES -WOW read it and weep people feel the power!!!!

I'm quivering with excitement, or could that be laughter, yes it's the
latter ;-)

>I've never done a network install so it should be fun! I'm expecting loads of
>buggers, shits and other technically important expletives.
>
>This Laptop doesn't have a CD-ROM I did manage to get Mandrake to start
>to put Debian on it Ive downloaded a "minimal iso" which apparently will get
>me started for a net install I also have a supposed HiNote Kernel so thats my
>weekend sorted.

aghhh, that sort of network install.  I thought you where doing it the
hardcore way and setting up tftp servers and all that.  Debian is a
peice of the proverbial to install this way.  It's pretty much developed
to install like this.

Once you have done the minimal install and rebooted it will prompt you
for the source of the rest of the install.  Keep it light cos you know
the hardware can't take it all ;-) choose one of the uk mirrors http (or
ftp) will both do the job.  And then sit back while it all downloads and
installs for you.

Make sure you do it from work and not on a dial up from home and mail
this list if you are having any problems I always install debian this
way I only use cd 1 for all the different architectures (net install
cd's not available on other architechures) and then net install the rest.

sparkes