[Wolves] SATA?

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 14:42:22 BST 2004

--- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote: > --- Gary
<gary at leamore.net> wrote: > I am using a
> serial ATA drive on my home pc using
> > SuSE linux 9.1 , it works
> > fine without any problems.

Hi

I would be interested to know how you get on with the
SATA HD. I had one but it was very slow with SUSE 9.0
Pro. So I changed to a normal HD and the difference in
speed was very very noticeable.I thought SATA was much
faster than the ATA type.  I have a Asus A7N8X Delux.
The SATA Drive is still in the case but not connected,
I would love to connect again and use it as storage
but I have a full SUSE 9.0 pro installed on it but I
am not sure how I could wipe it off; if I connect it
and boot the pc will it try and boot from the two
disks? I suppose I could disconect the ATA disk
connect the SATA and then wipe it clean and then
reconnect things again???

Mo