[Wolves] Sys-update

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 14:33:12 BST 2004

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Upgraded to Fedora Core 2 last night have some silly problems which I think I
> can sort.
>
> Got an apt-get question which is in a couple of parts.
>
> I have apt-get and synaptic for Fedora 1 installed.
>
> Now that I have upgraded to FC 2 I realise the current version of apt-get &
> synaptic will not work or at least will damage my system, Correct?

Errm.. I think this will depend how apt is configured? If
/etc/apt/sources.list is pointing to repositories for e.g. previous
version of O/S then the effects could be interesting. Hopefully it would
do nothing, or want to upgrade x zillion packages...

Never tried that so am only guessing btw.

> How do I upgrade apt-get/synaptic to work with my current version?

Probably just edit the config files for the tools (I've no idea what
synaptic is) but apt probably just needs pointing to the relevant
repository for FC2

David.

</end tumbleweed>