[Wolves] Anti-Virus

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 17:03:39 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 Jun 2004 16:46, Old Dan wrote:

> Ah.  You're doing a local scan on a linux-only box then?
>
> One question: Why?

Why not, no seriously I (like now) connect on works network we are being
attacked 24/7 by all sorts of pathetic morons with nothing better to do,
while I accept there are very few Linux virus around that doesn't mean you
should be complacent so my motto is whatever your OS have an Anti-Virus
package.

Plus its a good learning curve for installing/managing systems.

> No, you misunderstand - the 'test' virii were specifically set up /to/
> test AV software (see http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest ) - they were
> completely benevolent.
>
> HTH

Fair enough. Umm what does HTH mean?

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"