[Wolves] Gentoo

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 16:16:32 BST 2004

--- Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> I keep thinking that it might be cool, but then I
> see things like how when
> you upgrade X you have to leave your machine alone
> for two days while it
> compiles it, and I decide that binary-based
> distributions are the way
> forward. :-)

That's one of the good things about it, compiling from
source is only an /option/ (sure, I took it!) if you
want you can run the whole thing as a binary distro.
The package system is as good as apt, if not better -
you can do more than one thing at a time (not sure how
it doesn't get confused doing that but hey :) )

> Aq.
fizz

=====
--