[Wolves] Free to a good home

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Wed Jun 23 20:21:47 BST 2004

I have an AMI Megaplex server that is being disposed of at work.

The specification is: 2 x 450MHz Xeon II CPUs with 1MB cache (can take
up to 4 CPUs), 2GB RAM (ECC) (can take up to 8GB), 3 channel SCSI RAID
controller, 4 SCSI disks (2 x 4GB, 1 x 6GB, 1 x 36GB), etc.  For full
data sheet see <http://www.ami.com/support/doc/megaplex.pdf>.  It runns
Linux perfectly well.

Warning:
1/ This beast is hungry.  Be the first on your street with fan heater
that runs Linux! :)
2/ This beast is BIG and heavy. 62cm high, 75cm deep and 50cm wide,
weighs about 100Kg.  This is not a desktop unit (however, you could
build a desk around it). I would not recommend installing it upstairs
for 2 reasons: 1/ The floor might not take it and 2/ I don't want help
carry it upstairs!

This beast originally sold for between GBP 8,000 and 12,000. Now yours
for free!

I will deliver locally (West Midlands).

Let me know ASAP if you are interested in the beast, we want the rack
space back.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk