[Wolves] Editing config file

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 09:51:34 BST 2004

Hi folk

I need some help. I am trying to install plugins for
Digikam. I unpacked the plugins package ok. when I ran
./configure I got error message saying that imlib 1.X
is not installed. I installed imlib-1.9.10 as the
message suggests and ran the ./configure and again got
the error message. So I come to the conclusion that
the plugins ./configure is not finding the
imlib.config where its expecting it, I know where it
is: usr/local/bin. I looked at the plugins
configure.in file and below is a copy of the file.
Sorry for the length of it, I wasn't sure which part
needs editing if indeed it does need editing to
resolve the issue, Your help would be much
appreciated:

dnl    This file is part of the KDE libraries/packages
dnl    Copyright (C) 2001 Stephan Kulow
(coolo at kde.org)

dnl    This file is free software; you can
redistribute it and/or
dnl    modify it under the terms of the GNU Library
General Public
dnl    License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either
dnl    version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
any later version.

dnl    This library is distributed in the hope that it
will be useful,
dnl    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
implied warranty of
dnl    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.  See the GNU
dnl    Library General Public License for more
details.

dnl    You should have received a copy of the GNU
Library General Public License
dnl    along with this library; see the file
COPYING.LIB.  If not, write to
dnl    the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple
Place - Suite 330,
dnl    Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

# Original Author was Kalle at kde.org
# I lifted it in some mater. (Stephan Kulow)
# I used much code from Janos Farkas

dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a
configure script.

AC_INIT(acinclude.m4) dnl a source file from your sub
dir

dnl This is so we can use kde-common
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(admin)

dnl This ksh/zsh feature conflicts with `cd blah ;
pwd`
unset CDPATH

dnl Checking host/target/build systems, for make,
install etc.
AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM
dnl Perform program name transformation
AC_ARG_PROGRAM

dnl Automake doc recommends to do this only here.
(Janos)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(digikamplugins-0.6, "3.1.0") dnl
searches for some needed programs

KDE_SET_PREFIX

dnl generate the config header
AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h) dnl at the distribution
this done

dnl Checks for programs.
AC_CHECK_COMPILERS
AC_ENABLE_SHARED(yes)
AC_ENABLE_STATIC(no)
KDE_PROG_LIBTOOL

dnl for NLS support. Call them in this order!
dnl WITH_NLS is for the po files
AM_KDE_WITH_NLS

dnl KDE_USE_QT
AC_PATH_KDE
#MIN_CONFIG

#---------------------------------------------------------
# imlib-detection from kuickshow
#---------------------------------------------------------
# checking for Imlib...

AC_DEFUN(KDE_FIND_IMLIB_CONFIG,
   [AC_MSG_CHECKING([for imlib-config])

imlib_config_given=NO
ac_imlib_config=""

AC_ARG_WITH(imlib-config,
        [  --with-imlib-config     directory where
\"imlib-config\" lies ],
        [  ac_imlib_config="$withval/imlib-config"
           imlib_config_given=yes
        ])

if test "$imlib_config_given" = "yes"; then
  if test ! -r $ac_imlib_config; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT(wrong file specified)
    ac_imlib_config=""
  else
    AC_MSG_RESULT($ac_imlib_config)
    IMLIB_CFLAGS=`$ac_imlib_config --cflags`
    LIB_IMLIB=`$ac_imlib_config --libs`
    AC_SUBST(IMLIB_CFLAGS)
    AC_SUBST(LIB_IMLIB)
  fi
else
  ac_imlib_config=`which imlib-config 2>/dev/null`
  if test -z "$ac_imlib_config"; then
    AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
  else
    dummy=`echo "$ac_imlib_config" | grep
'/imlib-config'`
    if test -z "$dummy"; then
      AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
      ac_imlib_config=""
    else
      LIB_IMLIB=`$ac_imlib_config --libs`
      IMLIB_CFLAGS=`$ac_imlib_config --cflags`
      imlib_config=`echo "$LIB_IMLIB" | grep lImlib`
      if test -z "$imlib_config"; then
        AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
        ac_imlib_config=""
      else
        AC_SUBST(LIB_IMLIB)
        AC_SUBST(IMLIB_CFLAGS)
        AC_MSG_RESULT($ac_imlib_config)
      fi
    fi
  fi
fi

])

dnl Check if Imlib is installed properly
KDE_FIND_IMLIB_CONFIG

if test -z "$ac_imlib_config"; then
 AC_MSG_ERROR([You need to install Imlib 1.x, e.g.
http://freshmeat.net/redir/imlib/4385/url_tgz/imlib-1.9.10.tar.gz
if your distributor doesn't have a package])
 exit 1
fi

# Disable building plugins (for developpements)

#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE acquireimages"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE cdarchiving"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE imagesgallery"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE mpegencoder"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE printwizard"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE rawconverter"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE slideshow"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE commentseditor"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE jpeglossless"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE sendimages"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE calendar"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE gammacorrection"
  # Not usable in 0.6.0 -> 0.6.1
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE batchprocessimages"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE miscoperations"
#DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE findimages"
DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE helloworld"
 # Always disable...
DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE template.kdevelop"
 # Always disable...
KDE_CREATE_SUBDIRSLIST
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ acquireimages/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ admin/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ cdarchiving/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ cdarchiving/autorun/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ commentseditor/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ imagesgallery/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ jpeglossless/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ miscsoperations/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ mpegencoder/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/cs/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/da/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/de/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/es/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/fr/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/hu/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ po/it/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ printwizard/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ rawconverter/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ sendimages/Makefile ])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([ slideshow/Makefile ])
AC_OUTPUT
if test "$all_tests" = "bad"; then
  if test ! "$cache_file" = "/dev/null"; then
    echo ""
    echo "Please remove the file $cache_file after
changing your setup"
    echo "so that configure will find the changes next
time."
    echo ""
  fi
else
  echo ""
  echo "Good - your configure finished. Start make
now"
  echo ""
fi

*********