[Wolves] Editing config file

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Thu Jun 24 10:00:09 BST 2004

Mo Awkati wrote:
> Hi folk
>
> I need some help. I am trying to install plugins for
> Digikam. I unpacked the plugins package ok. when I ran
> ../configure I got error message saying that imlib 1.X
> is not installed. I installed imlib-1.9.10 as the
> message suggests and ran the ./configure and again got
> the error message. So I come to the conclusion that
> the plugins ./configure is not finding the
> imlib.config where its expecting it, I know where it
> is: usr/local/bin. I looked at the plugins
> configure.in file and below is a copy of the file.
> Sorry for the length of it, I wasn't sure which part
> needs editing if indeed it does need editing to
> resolve the issue, Your help would be much
> appreciated:

You should'nt need to edit the configure.in file directly unless you are
doing some kind of hacking. The problem here is that your imlib is in
the wrong place and configure can't find it. To solve this problem there
are often switches that can be passed to configure to customise how it
works. You can find these switches by running:

   ./configure --help

Usually switches are in the form of --this or --that. There may be a
--imlib-path=/whatever/directory option.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer