[Wolves] Digital Radio (OFFTOPIC TV detectors)

Chris Procter Chris at foxonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:20:07 BST 2004

> you have a normal blokey in a
> car, that has a hand held detector which scans for signals..
> Even if you
> TV is off, it can still recieve a signal.

Does anyone know how this works? I guess its some sort of device built into
the tv that responds to the detector rather then say radiation leakage from
the tube (in the same way you can allegedly read a screen by detecting its
radiation leakage) which wouldn't occur when the tv was off. Does it make a
difference if the TV is unplugged rather then just in standby?

I have a valid tv license, I'm just curious.

chris

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Fox Online.
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted
from Fox Online, are confidential and solely for the use
of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify Fox Online by
telephone on +44 (0)121 693 1424.