[Wolves] Digital Radio (OFFTOPIC TV detectors)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:29:37 BST 2004

On Thursday 24 Jun 2004 10:30, Chris Procter wrote:

> Does anyone know how this works? I guess its some sort of device built into
> the tv that responds to the detector rather then say radiation leakage from
> the tube (in the same way you can allegedly read a screen by detecting its
> radiation leakage) which wouldn't occur when the tv was off. Does it make a
> difference if the TV is unplugged rather then just in standby?

I've always thought it was a bit of a con job they may well be able to detect
a running TV but I dont think they can detect one that is off. I think youll
find they use the tried and trusted techniques of looking at the database to
see if your address has a valid license having a guy walk the streets with a
list and looking in your window to see if you have a TV.

Now before everyone starts I know its against the law to look through your
window but lets not pretend we live in a law abiding world.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"