[Wolves] Digital Radio (OFFTOPIC TV detectors)

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Jun 24 13:19:16 BST 2004

The artist formally known as Peter Cannon was heard to say...

> Having said that with interactive TV the answer stares you in the face if
> you
> can send info so can your set.

It's in the terms and conditions of sky that your tv has to be connected
to a working phone line (and the number registered with them) for the
first 12 months of your contract.  I presume they collect demographics to
better sell adverts and this funds your 'free' digibox.

I disconnected mine after about 6 months while decorating and only
connected it a couple of years latter to order a pay-per-view event.  It's
not plugged in at the moment.

Cable would be different again.  The terms and conditions there could
contain lots of pitfalls because you potentially have a two way connection
24/7 and you can't tell when your box is talking to the system where as
sky is pretty much one way traffic 99.999999% of the time.

sparkes