[Wolves] WebDAV

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Mon Mar 1 11:45:57 GMT 2004

Ron Wellsted spoo'd forth:
> Some questions:
> Do you have a Windows Server on your network?
>
> If so, is it a Domain Controller?
>
> What version of Samba are you running.
>
> Please post the contents of your smb.conf file.

Right, here's what I've got, and what I want.

I have a Win2K box, 2 Win98 boxes, a WinNT box, and some Linux boxes.
I want each machine to have a directory on it which each other machine
can both read and write to, with no entering of passwords required.
I do not have a domain: the Windows boxen are in a workgroup, and I
don't want to have to set up a domain 'cos I don't understand them.

So: what should I do? Presumably I should create a directory on each
machine, and create some accounts on the Windows boxes, and some
on the Linux boxes, and so on. Help!

Aq.

--
japh.py: