[Wolves] Networking tutorials

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 18:40:37 GMT 2004

> As per my comments on the Samba/webdav thread, this
> all sounds great to me. It's something I'm looking at
> this very moment, from a personal point of view and
> with my final year uni project coming up. I'm thinking
> of trying to produce a drop in replacement for Windows
> servers, ie more than just Samba.
>
> I'd like to think I'll be capable of producing an SME
> standard IT solution based on Linux in the next year
> or so. That is http, mail, DNS ,Samba, NFS, print, AV
> for Windows viruses etc. I might also be looking at
> remote X, thin-clients and diskless booting.
>
> Heh, note, I am in no position to be demonstrating
> this kind of stuff just yet, nor will I for some time
> to come, though perhaps I will at some point.
>
> Ad

SLOX does all the above, and :
- groupware,
- chat server,
- LDAP (directory for address books, authentication etc)
- Web Mail

There are free software AV scanners, everything else should be
relatively simple... albiet time consuming and probably frustrating the
first time around to get talking to each other.

David.