[Wolves] Fusion 878A DVB

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Fri Mar 12 14:01:30 GMT 2004

Hi all

I've - er - 'inherited(*)' a PCTV card from work because my boss
'upgraded' his (to a later version on the software, another identical
board (the only difference being the differently-sized modulator and
differently-coloured PCB - the chip was identical)) and notice it has a
Conexant Fusion 878A chip on it.

Now looking on the web I find the chip listed as being DVB-capable.
Does anyone know whether this is true or just marketing bluster
internet-ready style?  Does anyone know whether I can use Linux for
this(I know there are drivers of some sort available(bttv) but I haven't
seen anything which is listed as having DVB capablilities...)?

Does anyone care?

TIA
--
Dan
(*)maybe 'liberated' would be a more appropriate word.  'Borrowed