[Wolves] Fusion 878A DVB

Matt Warwick aozc15 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Mar 13 08:21:11 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Old Dan
Sent: 12 March 2004 14:03
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: [Wolves] Fusion 878A DVB

Hi all

I've - er - 'inherited(*)' a PCTV card from work because my boss
'upgraded' his (to a later version on the software, another identical
board (the only difference being the differently-sized modulator and
differently-coloured PCB - the chip was identical)) and notice it has a
Conexant Fusion 878A chip on it.

Now looking on the web I find the chip listed as being DVB-capable.
Does anyone know whether this is true or just marketing bluster
internet-ready style?  Does anyone know whether I can use Linux for
this(I know there are drivers of some sort available(bttv) but I haven't
seen anything which is listed as having DVB capablilities...)?

Does anyone care?

TIA
--

Hmmm. I have a Nebula Electronics DigiTV which is a DVB card, and that has a
BT878A on it, the 878A is used purely for the composite input on the card

Matt