[Wolves] Wireless problems

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 17:01:31 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 15:18, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I unpacked my wireless router and USB wireless card to find that they
> both seem to be buggered.
>
> The wireless router has all of its lights on, when the power is on, and
> doesn't respond to anything. The USB card isn't recognised by the computer.
>
> So, I reckon I might have to bite the proverbial and buy me some new
> kit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless router (for use
> with Blueyonder, not ADSL) and for a Linux compatible PCMCIA wireless card?

Yes and no. I've got one of these:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2MBC

At £13.20, it'd hard to beat on price.  It comes with Linux drivers too.
However, I've yet to get it running with my SuSE install. This, I am sure, is
entirely to do with my newbieness and not the fault of the hardware.

A few folks here may remember that this is how I got in touch with the LUG in
the first place...If I can't work it out soon, I may have to offer free food
and drinks to anyone willing to come over and show me how it's done.

Rob
--
http://eversion.freeshell.net/no2self