[Wolves] Wireless problems

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 09:01:33 GMT 2004

Howdy Rob,

Rob Annable wrote:

> Yes and no. I've got one of these:
>
> http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2MBC

I've just had a look at the comments and there's one that mentions that
the Linux drivers are in beta and only work with older kernels. It is a
very good price, tho'.

I went to a computer fair yesterday, which was pointless. I resent
paying to enter these things, then having to push past some of
Wolverhampton's dodgiest looking people. Also, if anything goes wrong
with the kit you buy, you have the joy of paying an entry fee at the
next fair and *hoping* that the same geezer is there. Anyway, the point
to this is that all of the vendors there had the PCMCIA cards at around
twice the price of Dabs.

> A few folks here may remember that this is how I got in touch with the LUG in
> the first place...If I can't work it out soon, I may have to offer free food
> and drinks to anyone willing to come over and show me how it's done.

Hmm, I'll come round and watch :)

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.