[Wolves] Suse

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 10:34:53 GMT 2004

Hi all

Back at work now 98% recovered from operation, got bored sat at home.

Question for Ron or the group?
Hi Ron seeing as you have Suse experience I wondered if you can shine
some light on a display problem?

I am currently running Suse V9 Pro (Retail Box)
I have a NEC multisync E500 17" Monitor and a Voodoo 4 Graphics card.
The display is set to 1024X768 @ 85HTz

The problem is stuff like 'Evolution', the text in email's is really
small in fact unreadable.

Under Red Hat the solution was to change the display from mm to inches
but this is not an option under Suse (At least that's what I think
unless you know different?)

I have tried yast & SAX to configure with no success. I have noticed
that under the graphics card it shows only 3, 5 and another version type
but does not show Voodoo4 is this the problem?

I can use the system but it's a bit of a pain keep having to enlarge the
text views by hand all the time.

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk