[Wolves] Suse

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Tue Mar 16 21:02:16 GMT 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 10:34, Peter Cannon wrote:
> I am currently running Suse V9 Pro (Retail Box)
> I have a NEC multisync E500 17" Monitor and a Voodoo 4 Graphics card.
> The display is set to 1024X768 @ 85HTz
>
> The problem is stuff like 'Evolution', the text in email's is really
> small in fact unreadable.
>
> Under Red Hat the solution was to change the display from mm to inches
> but this is not an option under Suse (At least that's what I think
> unless you know different?)
>
> I have tried yast & SAX to configure with no success. I have noticed
> that under the graphics card it shows only 3, 5 and another version type
> but does not show Voodoo4 is this the problem?

Part of the problem could well be the card.  The SuSE support does not list
the Voodoo 4, while XFree86 does.  However googling suggestes that there are
several problems with the drivers that do exist.

Are you running Evolution under Gnome or KDE?  If Gnome, try KDE

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
ron at wellsted.org.uk