[Wolves] Content Management

Carl Pickering carl at fr0st.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 09:29:38 GMT 2004

sparkes wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 09:08, Matthew Revell wrote:
>
>>Rob Annable wrote:
>>

>>>My cool new web hosting provider has a bunch of options for setting up a
>>>content managment system. The choices are:
>>>
>>>Drupal
>>>Geeklog
>>>Mambo Open Source
>>>PHP-Nuke
>>>phpWCMS
>>>phpWebSite
>>>Post-Nuke
>>>Siteframe
>>>Xoops
>>>
>>>Anybody got any experience with any of these? Which one do you think I should
>>>go for?
>>
>> From what I know of them, Mambo seems the best of the lot. I'd avoid
>>anything Nuke based as, let's face it, it's not content management as we
>>know it, Jim. Nuke is a community portal system and should be banned.
>
> If in std form it looks anything like slashdot you can be sure it is
> crap ;-)
>
> Besides I believe I can find uncredited source code in most of the above
> projects from other GPL projects and that's not good.  As Trig said
> Mambo is pretty much written by a Brit who seems cool with it and it
> also fixed security problems pretty quickly.
>
> sparkes

Well Mambo is ran by a british guy, Robert Castley, hes sound.. Sits at
the expos on his own with a laptop writting code and fixes for the
problems that occur.. There is another guy, but hes erm, well, put it
this way, dont air your views or oppinions because if they are
derogatory he will flame you.. His name is Phil, thats all I'm saying..
The system in itself is fantastic, I love it. I've written a few mods to
it and re-wrote some of the code to do what I want it to do... The
template part of it is wicked...

I have a demo site online if you wanna have a look, drop me a mail
offlist and I'll give you url user/pass to have a look at the admin end.

- TriG