[Wolves] Fire hazard?

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Fri Mar 19 13:05:50 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 09:07, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Soon, I'll have at least two machines (server and Smoothwall box)
> running all the time. Now, I'm worried that Lyne will think it's a fire
> hazard, particularly if we go away.
>
> Loads of people in here run a machine or two permanently: what's your
> experience? I'm sure we'd have heard if you'd had a massive fire, but do
> you have any tips to reduce the likelihood of such things?
laptop burst into flames christmas day :-( a pretty usual event.

normally 3 machines running at any one time, my laptop, my sparc and a
dual boot intel machine (thanks xinit it's still going) with jennies
mega pc on a lot of the time.  They can drink electric these days I am
going to be reducing the amount of machines on at anyone time soon by
combining the functionality of a few machines.

sparkes