[Wolves] Linux networking basics

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Sun Mar 21 21:42:41 GMT 2004

David Goodwin spoo'd forth:
>> Under Red Hat, networking seemed easier than under Debian. Apt sorting out
>> all the depencies is bloody cool, tho', so I think I'm gonna stick with
>> Debian.
>
> IP addresses etc are defined in /etc/sysconfig/network on Debian I think.
> Look for something like ifcfg-ethX (where X is a number). I might be
> getting confused with SuSE/RedHat/Debian here.

Nope. In Debian, your network interfaces are defined in
/etc/network/interfaces. Use "ifup eth0" to bring up eth0. Anything
with "sysconfig" in it is a RedHatism, I think?

Aq.

--
Just point your web browser at http://www.python.org/search/ and look
for "program", "doesn't", "work", or "my". Whenever you find someone