[Wolves] Wolves LUG wifi network

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 13:13:39 GMT 2004

Hi David

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 13:04, David Goodwin wrote:
> > Oh boy, well its about 47 miles... *counts* I have no idea ;)
> >

> I'd be more worried about hills and stuff being in the way - wifi can't
> penetrate much (anything containing water pretty much kills the signal).

Your right, we have a customer in Uttoxeter who really wants wireless,
the solution would encompass five sites with umpteen connections and
would be a nice little earner for us except for, as you say, the hills.
To get it to work he would need the equivalent of the Eiffel tower on
his sites to clear the hills (Site test were conducted by Cisco)