[Wolves] Hard Disks and backups

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Wed Mar 24 13:02:58 GMT 2004

> Hi,
> A bit of advice needed.
OK
<snip>

Yes.  See http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

> Does Linux support HP Travan tape drives?
Yes.  I think it's the ide-tape driver, if your drive's an IDE.  Dunno
about parallel-port travans.  I think they're supported, but I wouldn't
swear to it.

> Any recommendations on hard disks (speed isn't important but reliability
> and
> cost are)
Not really.  IME the people who have drives go ape on them are usually the
same people all the time - I think it may be more to do with the owners
than the drives themselves... ;)  YMMV of course...

> Anything else I should take into consideration?
You may (probably will) have difficulty in getting that old BIOS on the
(S7?) mainboard to recognise drives that big.

--
Dan