[Wolves] Changing my sources.list to a local mirror

Matthew Revell wolveslug at understated.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 14:23:33 GMT 2004

Howdy all,

I've had a look on the web but couldn't get anywhere; so, sorry for
posting a relatively simple question in here.

My Debian sources.list file is currently set up for the main debian.org
apt repositories. I want to change the Blueyonder mirror, so I went
ahead and removed references to http://xxx.debian.org and replaced them
with http://www.blueyonder.co.uk

I ran apt-get update and ended up with 404 error messages. Can anyone
point me to a simple guide to updating the sources.list file, that'll
show me where I'm going wrong? Everything I've read, so far, seems to
assume that I already know the format of sources.list entries.

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.

www.lugradio.org - radio for Linux and open source fans