[Wolves] Linux Advocacy

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Wed May 5 15:17:09 BST 2004

> Ron Wellsted wrote:
>
> >So maybe we could use this as an opportunity to promote Linux within
> >local government.  Maybe some questions to candidates along the lines of
> >"If elected would the council undertake an on-going assessment of Open
> >Source Software (including Linux) in order to obtain best-value for the
> >council's IT requirements"
> >

> Cool idea. I'm certainly up for putting together some material on this,
> and putting some questions forward. I don't know much about the process
> tho'.
>
> On advocacy more generally, I should have my Infopoint document finished
> this week. If anyone wants to pass comment, I'll post here when it's
ready.

Wolverhampton could certainly do with some help in this department. When I
recently asked them if I could send them an e-mail, the response was,
'You're welcome to send it, but there's no guarantee that it'll get to the
right person or that they'll be able to reply.'

I think they must have one machine between the whole department.

Matt, perhaps we should be talking to our MP?

Rob
--
http://rob.annable.co.uk