[Wolves] Setting up ADSL modem/router

Jayne Heger jayneheger at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 12:55:21 BST 2004

HIya,

I am actually getting ADSL on Tuesday, yay!, and have ordered an ethernet modem/router combo, with 4 ports,
Its the Netgear ADSL modem router DG 834 which was only £62 at Amazon.
Anyway, I can find no resources on the web which guide you through setting one up, maybe I am panicking uneccessarily, but I want to be prepared. :-)
My setup is this,
mail server, running Fetchmail, sendmail, leafnode, squid, with IPtables, yes I know in heinseight I could have just gone for an ADSL modem, but they all appear to be USB ones which I didn't want.

Can any of you point me to a few good websites or offer any advice, that would be much appreciated.
Want to try and make the meeting this week, haven't seen you guys in ages, I've missed you, *sniff* :-)

Jayne