[Wolves] off topic: Mac

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Nov 5 09:14:18 GMT 2004

Schwuk wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 23:10, Andy Wootton wrote:

> Back on topic - I want a laptop, but don't want the headaches of
> hardware support. I've heard nothing but good things about Linux
> (particularly Ubuntu) on Powerbooks. My budget can't extend to a new G4
> or even an iBook, so... Any ideas how well it will run on an older G3?

ubuntu runs perfectly well on my G3 powerbook.  You need to make sure
it's newworld mac as the G3 powerbook was the turning point.  I have a
lombard with the bronze keyboard at it is the first new world mac but
the earlier G3's are still oldworld.  Everything before this is harder
to get set up and isn't supported by ubuntu

> Cheers,

HTH

sparkes