[Wolves] Plone website for WolvesLUG?

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Fri Nov 12 05:43:12 GMT 2004

Jono Bacon wrote:
>> I had repeated requests for a CMS on the Cumbria LUG site so that people
>> could contribute. When I finally did implement one (Textpattern), no-one
>> (apart from myself and Russ/avantman42) contributed anything!
>>
> When I suggested a Wiki, I got a load of negative feedback from everyone
> saying that it would never be updated.

I agree, and I think history has borne that out. I'm unclear that we
have any real need for dynamic content on the LUG website (yes, yes, a
script to update the next-meeting datewould be good, but that doesn't
reuqire Plone :)). We do, as Rob has pointed out, already have a home
for dynamic content: the wiki. If people think that there's a lot of
stuff which needs posting, I'd suggest posting it to the wiki: I can
imagine a conversation at some point in the future which says "we have a
lot of data on the wiki, but it's confusing and not very well organised;
can we install something like Plone to organise this information?",
which would likely get a much more positive response. As it is, there
isn't anything for Plone to do.

Aq.