[Wolves] Plone website for WolvesLUG?

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:26:35 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:18:14 +0000, Jono Bacon <jono at jonobacon.org> wrote:

> >I had repeated requests for a CMS on the Cumbria LUG site so that people
> >could contribute. When I finally did implement one (Textpattern), no-one
> >(apart from myself and Russ/avantman42) contributed anything!
> >

> When I suggested a Wiki, I got a load of negative feedback from everyone
> saying that it would never be updated. How is this going to be different
> with Plone? I share Schwuk's view, and unless people explicitly want
> something setting up, I see little point.
>
>     Jono

The wiki we currently have gets the occasional tweak but it's hardly
well used.  If you look at it as a long term project it may utimately
gather enough information to become useful, but that may be tricky if
people keep getting seduced by new environments every six months and
want to start again.

I'm more than happy to see a new site using Plone etc., just don't ask
me to retype all the stuff already in the existing wiki, especially
the porn spam  ;)

http://rob.annable.co.uk/wlw/wiki.pl

Rob

--