[Wolves] Red Hat Enterprise Server

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 12:30:06 GMT 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 12:03, Schwuk wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 20:25 +0000, sparkes wrote:
> > Peter Cannon wrote:
> > > Sparkes me old mucker, put Thomas Moore's Utopia down your starting to
> > > believe it :-)
> >
> > I'm a 'starting to believe it'? did you mean you're ?   (the old usenet
> > trick of undermining the arguement with minor nittpicking ;-) )
>
> In that case... I believe you should have said "I've" not "I'm" as he
> used "your
> " which is a possessive form of 'you' implying ownership. Your response
> would have been appropriate if he had used "you're", except that then
> would have required no response on your part.
>
> Oh, and you spelt 'argument' and 'nitpicking' wrong.
>
> :)
>
> /me is thoroughly enjoying this thread...

I was going to walk away from this thread because, believe it or not, I
actually like Sparkes I just enjoy having a dig at him.

9 times out of 10 I agree with what he says and just disagree to be
aggravating.

As for grammatical correctness and spelling I use the 'William Shakespear'
method, William rarely used punctuation, I plonk them in where I think they
should go.

My spelling is not very good either so I tend to use spellcheckers.

Sparkes was correct the line should have read you're (i.e. you are) because I
had typed your the spellchecker didn't think anything was wrong :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk