[Wolves] Ubuntu again

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 19:19:07 GMT 2004

 --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, why on earth would
> a supposedly live CD put - or attempt to put - grub
> onto the primary
> hard drive?  It just shouldn't happen failing hard
> drive or not.

Agreed, report this as a bug. Try the fixmbr command
from the Win2k CD repair console.

You could also try the win98 boot floppy idea thats
going on in the other mbr thread, with the command
fdisk /mbr

If you disk isn't borked, one of these 2 ways should
work. Try the first one first as it's the 'NT Way',
whereas the other is the win9x way, in case there's
any diff between the way the 2 write mbrs. I don't
know to be honest. I don't even know if mbrs are
formatted in anyway, or just use bit mode access or
whatever it's called, as it happens. It doesn't matter
really though, let's face it, it can't get any worse
;)

Read the other thread. And try to get your disk
recognised in the BIOS, or on another machine if
necessary. Just so you can solve part of the problems.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk